One of the most import things when working in plant tissue culture is the culture vessels that one uses. Plant tissue will grow inside these vessels, mostly under sterile circumstances as no contaminants are allowed inside the vessels. Lab Associates provides special culture vessels in both round and rectangular models. These are made out of special materials from polypropylene (PP) and/or polystyrene (PS). Lab Associates already has over 30 years of experience with the processes involved in making the best possible culture vessels for your unique needs.
Our models come with suitable lids that enclose them from the outside environment, leaving room for a controlled in- and outflow of the air present in your laboratory’s (sterile) growth rooms. The ‘plastic’ vessels are not suitable to sterilize with an autoclave and are therefore supplied non-sterile or sterile via gamma irradiation.
We also provide an alternative ‘non-plastic’ vessel, which is a specially developed glass jar form with a polypropylene twist-off cap. This glass jar with twist-off cap can be sterilized with an autoclave. All of our culture vessels are available in different sizes.
At Lab Associates we can offer you the following culture vessels:
- LA-ROUND 2/XX-D set: the original “Wavin” model with a 50, 70 or 80 mm high cup and a smooth lid. Thermoformed polypropylene cup and lid.
- LA-ROUND 2/XX-DRIB set: the original “Wavin” model with a 50, 70 or 80 mm high round cup and a ribbed lid with extra ventilation. Thermoformed polypropylene cup and lid.
- LA-ROUND 115/XX-D set: our new “LAB” model with a 50, 70 or 80 mm high round cup and a smooth lid. Injection molded polypropylene cup and thermoformed polystyrene lid.
- LA-RECTANGULAR XX/180(A): our rectangular model with a 50, 65, 90 or 125 mm high container and a smooth lid. Thermoformed polypropylene container and lid.
- LA-GLASSJAR XX: glass jars with 38, 55 or 72 cl volume.
- LA-TOCAP 82: transparant polypropylene twist off cap.